Top 10 Considerations When Hiring a Christian Spiritual Direction School
When choosing the right Christian Spiritual Direction School, there are many things to consider. With so many options available, it can be overwhelming to choose one that is right for you. In this blog post, we will provide you with the top 10 considerations to help you make an informed decision.
- Quality - Take a close look at exactly what the program offers, including affiliations, certificates, teaching styles, the experience and knowledge of the instructors, and what past participants have said about the program and how they are using their training after graduation.
- Curriculum - Look for a school that has a curriculum that will provide you with comprehensive training. Ensure that the school offers courses that will provide you with the knowledge and skills you need to become a successful spiritual director. Look for adult teaching styles, such as “experience, reflection, and integration.”
- Faculty - Consider the experience and credentials of the school's faculty. You want to learn from experienced facilitators who are “practicing what they are preaching” and who can guide you through the learning process.
- Program Format - Look for a program that fits your lifestyle. Consider whether you want an online or on-campus program, part-time or full-time, or a hybrid program that combines both.
- Program Length - The length of the program can vary widely, from a few months to several years. Consider your availability and goals when choosing a program length that works for you.
- Program Cost - The cost of the program is an important consideration. Look for a program that fits your budget and provides you with good value for your money---compare apples to apples, be clear about what the tuition actually covers.
- Student Support - Look for a school that provides ongoing, personal support for learning, but also creates a sense of community in a cohort model.
- Reputation - Look for a school with a good reputation. Check reviews and ask for referrals from current and former students to get a better sense of the school's reputation.
- Flexibility - Consider how flexible the program is. Will you be able to take time off if you need to, or can you adjust your schedule to accommodate unexpected events?
- Location - If you are considering an on-campus program, the location of the school is an important consideration. Consider factors such as the cost of living, the climate, and the culture of the area.
Choosing the right school for spiritual direction is an important decision that requires careful consideration. By keeping these top 10 considerations in mind, you can make an informed decision that will help you achieve your personal goals. At The Studion School for Spiritual Direction, we understand that this is a big commitment. If you would like more information, please contact us at email@example.com